School Ethos and Values
Within an atmosphere of Christianity, our fundamental aim is to pass on to the next stage of their education, children who are competent and confident, who enjoy learning and value themselves and their place in society.
- All children will enjoy learning through a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum and be given opportunities to make their highest possible achievement and progress
- We will provide a safe and caring environment in which children can take managed risks and discover boundaries.
- Children will be happy and confident and recognise the need and means to adopt a healthy lifestyle, developing an understanding of their emotional and physical well-being as well as that of others.
- Each child shall be helped to develop the confidence to interact socially with others in the school, the wider community and beyond, making a positive contribution to and developing a respect for and appreciation of the world in which we live.
- We will prepare children for their future role within society, enabling them to take responsibility for and make a positive contribution to their economic well-being.
- We will foster the moral and spiritual wellbeing of pupils within a caring Christian environment. Children will learn to respect all life and those whose views and beliefs they may not share. They will be aware of the need to make their own moral judgements and be equipped with the necessary skills to do so