Our CPD Programme
CPD mission statement - “At Dove Holes Primary School, our teachers strive to be responsive and evaluative teachers who use evidence-based strategies and collaboration with others to improve outcomes for all pupils.”
The Dove Holes CPD model promises to deliver on several of the findings outlined in the report from the Teacher Development Trust report Developing Great Teaching (Based on research conducted by TDT, CUREE, the IoE and Durham University , 2014); the Professional Standard for CPD (DfE, 2016), and the publications of David Weston, Bridget Clay, Timperley, Robert Coe and Dylan William.
We believe that effective Professional Development is a partnership between:
• Head teachers and other members of the leadership team;
• Teachers; and
• Providers of professional development expertise, training or consultancy.
In order for this partnership to be successful at Dove:
1. Professional development focuses on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes.
2. Professional development is underpinned by robust evidence and expertise.
3. Professional development involves collaboration and expert challenge.
4. Professional development programmes is sustained and revisited strategically over time.
5. Professional development is prioritised by school leadership.
Teaching and Learning Communities
Our school prides itself on using validated research evidence to inform our approaches to Teaching and Learning.
Through Teacher Learning Communities (TLCs), groups of teachers and teaching assistants meet together regularly to support each other in making habit forming changes in their teaching practice in the area of formative assessment
External publications that inform our approach
Practitioners at Dove engage with external expertise by using educational books and research summaries in the areas of formative assessment, cognitive science, cognitive psychology and subject knowledge. Here are some examples